1. How many kids do you have? How old are they?
We have a 3 year old boy and a 3 month old girl.
2. What is your favorite family activity?
My son is obsessed with trains! Both Knotts Berry Farm and Disneyland have trains that he loves to ride. He is constantly asking to go on the “Choo Choo trains.” As a result, we spend a lot of time at the parks.
3. What was your plan to pay for your kids’ college before U-Nest?
I knew that I needed to open a 529 account for my son but life had gotten in the way every time I set out to do so. It became one of those longstanding items on my to-do list. To be honest, I had heard about all of the complexities and wasn’t looking forward to the process.
4. How did U-Nest help you navigate complexities of college savings?
U-Nest made it simple. The process was as easy as advertised and the FAQ on the app/website was very helpful for my many, many questions. The complexities were the biggest barrier for me and what kept me from opening an account for the first 2 years of my son’s life. The only thing I wish was easier was the gifting option. I’d like to be able to enable friends and family to contribute directly. I’m a big supporter of U-Nest and tell all of my friends and family about it.
5. Do you have any interesting story about your own path to college?
Pretty standard story here 🙂